Due to COVID 19 restrictions, only events that are required for the running of the club or can adhere to social distancing have been scheduled. For planning purposes, an additional schedule can be found in the Members Only section showing potential events if restrictions ease during the season.
Good Day fellow Boaters,
Once again we find ourselves in a COVID environment which has and will continue to affect our boating season. I am writing this email to let you know that as of now the lift-in for the 24 of April is still being planned but that could change at a moment’s notice and we need to be prepared not only operationally but mentally as well. Boating for all of us is an important stress relief which the Wing Commander and his team is very much aware of and they are doing everything they can to help us make it work.
Read the below very carefully! Failure to meet a timing or follow a procedure may result in your boat being left on the hard with your being responsible to paying full dockage fees and/or removal of the boat from the base.
Here is our plan so far.
· Dates 24th of April and 8 of May (timings TBD)
· Boats will be lifted in during a specific time slot only the crane crew and owner of the boat can be present during the lift-in.
· Your boat MUST be prepared and ready for lift-in before your lift-in date. NO WORK will be allowed on your boat on lift-in dates.
· During lift-in no one is to come to the club before their designated times. Everyone will be given a lift-in time you are to be on the base 15 mins before to report to the Lift-in coordinator at the club house and make your lift-in payment. You will then be directed to either your boat or to the waiting area.
· If there are any delays the waiting area will be the Bakers Island Community Centre parking lot in your vehicle socially distancing.
· The lift crews will be hand-picked by Dennis Dove and will provide work times and directions.
· Once the boat is in the water the owner will drive it to their dock, make sure it is secure and then leave the base. No other work is to be done on the boats.
· Due to the close quarters of raising a sailboat mast, no mast no matter the size can be raised during the lockdown.
· Owners may on their own, work on preparing their mast, observing COVID protocols, which include not working with members outside of your immediate household.
· Once the lockdown is over we will conduct mast raising operations similar to the lift-in operations with designated times and teams. No one will be permitted to raise their mast outside of these teams and schedule NO MATTER THE SIZE of the mast.
· For the removal of the cradle, Dennis has arranged for a forklift to help again this year to minimize the size of the work party. He will provide direction in another email.
The schedule for boat lift-in times will be provide early next week. Approx. 20th of April. Keep by your email the day of the lift-in as we will try to notify the club if there are any major delays or changes.
Again I ask you ensure you understand what is expected of you both before, during and after the lift-in. Anyone intentionally not following procedure could face a suspension or banding from the club and base.
Sorry for the hard nose posturing but the health and welfare of our club and Forces members need to be our first priorities.
Posted Apr 16/21
A message from the Commodore has been posted to the Notice Board with the Members Only page.
The April Edition of the Fore 'n Aft newsletter is now posted on the website.
Good day fellow Yacht Club Members
The Harbour Master has posted a sign up sheet in the lobby for the up coming lift in dates of 24 April 1st lift and 9th May second lift.
The list will remain posted until app the 19th of April and then be removed to compile the work party crews for lift in.
If you cannot make it to the club to sign up, you can forward your intentions to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently the plan will be to launch all vessels.
Cost $80 cash in a sealed envelope no change can be provided.
Limit of 40 vessels on first lift.
More information will be posted on the club web site.
- posted Mar 24/21